1cm - 10cm
Peckoltia sp. L205, commonly known as the Orange Seam Pleco or the Peckoltia Orange Seam, is a stunning and attractive freshwater fish that adds a touch of color and elegance to any aquarium. With its vibrant orange coloration and unique patterns, Peckoltia sp. L205 is a sought-after choice among aquarists who seek a visually striking and peaceful fish for their tanks. Originating from South America, particularly the Rio Xingu basin in Brazil, these plecos are known for their peaceful nature, algae-eating behavior, and their ability to clean and maintain the aquarium. Let's explore a detailed description of these remarkable plecos, including essential information on their appearance, water conditions, tank setup, feeding habits, and care.
- Vibrant Coloration: Peckoltia sp. L205 displays a stunning orange body color with intricate black and brown patterns and a striking white seam along its dorsal fin, making them visually captivating and elegant in the aquarium.
- Size: They are a relatively small pleco species, reaching an adult length of around 4 to 5 inches (10 to 13 centimeters) in captivity.
- Temperature: Maintain a tropical water temperature range of 75°F to 82°F (24°C to 28°C) to ensure the well-being of Orange Seam Plecos.
- pH Level: Aim for a slightly acidic to neutral pH level between 6.0 and 7.5 to replicate their natural habitat.
- Water Hardness: Provide a moderately soft to moderately hard water with a hardness level between 5 and 15 dGH.
- Tank Size: Peckoltia sp. L205 can be kept in a medium-sized tank of at least 30 gallons (114 liters) due to their small to medium size.
- Aquascape: Create a well-decorated environment with live plants, driftwood, and rocks to mimic their natural habitat and offer hiding spots.
- Peaceful Tank Mates: They are generally peaceful and can be kept with other peaceful community fish species.
- Omnivorous Diet: Peckoltia sp. L205 is an omnivore and has a varied diet.
- Algae Eaters: They are excellent algae eaters and will help to keep the aquarium clean by grazing on algae-covered surfaces.
- Supplementary Foods: Offer high-quality sinking pellets or wafers suitable for bottom-dwelling fish as their primary diet. Additionally, provide occasional treats of live or frozen foods such as brine shrimp, daphnia, or bloodworms to supplement their diet.
- Peaceful Nature: Orange Seam Plecos are generally peaceful and can be kept with other peaceful community fish species.
- Algae Cleaning: Their algae-eating behavior helps to maintain the cleanliness of the aquarium.
- Observation: Monitor their behavior and appearance to ensure they are healthy and showing no signs of stress or illness.