2cm - 2cm
5.5 - 7.5
The White Tipped Rosy Tetra is a small yet captivating fish that adds a touch of elegance to any freshwater aquarium. Here are some key details to consider when keeping White Tipped Rosy Tetras:
- Delicate Pinkish Body: The White Tipped Rosy Tetra features a beautiful pinkish body that adds a soft and soothing tone to your aquarium. The pink hue intensifies during moments of excitement or during courtship displays.
- White-Tipped Fins: One of the standout features of this tetra is its distinct white-tipped fins, which provide a striking contrast against its pink body. These white accents add a touch of sophistication to their overall appearance.
- The White Tipped Rosy Tetra typically reaches a size of around 2 centimeters (0.8 inches) in length, making them suitable for small to medium-sized aquariums.
Temperament and Behavior:
- Peaceful Nature: White Tipped Rosy Tetras are known for their peaceful temperament, making them an excellent choice for community aquariums. They coexist well with other small, non-aggressive fish.
- Schooling Behavior: These tetras exhibit a natural schooling behavior and feel more secure when kept in groups of 5 or more. A larger school not only enhances their natural behavior but also creates a visually appealing display.
- Temperature: Maintain the water temperature between 24°C and 28°C (75°F-82°F) to ensure the well-being of White Tipped Rosy Tetras.
- pH Level: Aim for a slightly acidic to neutral pH range of 6.0 to 7.5, replicating their natural habitat.
- Water Hardness: These tetras prefer moderately soft to slightly hard water with a hardness level of around 4 to 10 dH.
- Tank Size: Provide an aquarium of at least 10 gallons to accommodate a small school of White Tipped Rosy Tetras comfortably. A larger tank with ample swimming space is recommended for a more visually appealing display.
- Aquascape: Create a well-planted aquarium with the inclusion of live plants, driftwood, and rocks. This setup mimics their natural environment and provides hiding spots and resting places for the tetras.
- Lighting: Moderate lighting is suitable for the White Tipped Rosy Tetra. Consider using floating plants or dimming options to provide shaded areas within the tank.
- Omnivorous Diet: White Tipped Rosy Tetras are omnivores and accept a variety of foods. Offer them high-quality flake or pellet food as a staple diet. Supplement their diet with small live or frozen foods such as brine shrimp, daphnia, or bloodworms to provide variety and essential nutrients.
- Water Quality: Maintain excellent water quality by performing regular water changes and monitoring water parameters. Clean and well-filtered water is essential for the health and vitality of White Tipped Rosy Tetras.
- Observation and Tank Maintenance: Regularly observe the behavior and condition of your tetras. Look for any signs of stress, disease, or aggression and take appropriate measures if necessary. Perform routine tank maintenance, including substrate vacuuming, filter maintenance, and regular plant care.
The White Tipped Rosy Tetra is a delicate and visually captivating fish that adds elegance to your freshwater aquarium. Enjoy their peaceful nature and the serene atmosphere they create as they swim together in a school, showcasing their delicate pink bodies and white-tipped fins.