1cm - 1.5cm
5.5 - 7.5
Introducing the Raccoon Tiger Shrimp, a striking and captivating addition to your freshwater aquarium. With its unique coloration and intricate patterns, this shrimp species adds a touch of elegance and diversity to your aquatic setup. Known for its peaceful nature and ability to help maintain a clean aquarium, the Raccoon Tiger Shrimp is a great choice for both beginner and experienced shrimp keepers. Order now and enhance the beauty and biodiversity of your aquarium with these fascinating Raccoon Tiger Shrimp!
The Raccoon Tiger Shrimp, also known as Caridina cf. cantonensis, is a popular and sought-after species of freshwater shrimp. Here's everything you need to know about caring for and keeping Raccoon Tiger Shrimp in your aquarium:
- Unique Coloration: The Raccoon Tiger Shrimp features a beautiful combination of black and white stripes or bands, resembling the markings of a raccoon, hence its name. Each shrimp may display slightly different patterns, making them visually striking and captivating.
- Size: The Raccoon Tiger Shrimp is small in size, typically measuring around 1.5cm (0.6 inches), making them suitable for smaller aquariums and nano tanks.
- Temperature: Maintain the water temperature between 22°C and 26°C (72°F-79°F) to provide optimal conditions for the Raccoon Tiger Shrimp.
- pH Level: Aim for a slightly acidic to neutral pH range of 6.5 to 7.5 to replicate their natural habitat.
- Water Hardness: These shrimp prefer moderately soft to moderately hard water, with a dH range of 4 to 10.
- Filtration: Ensure efficient filtration and gentle water flow to maintain excellent water quality for the shrimp.
- Tank Size: A small aquarium or a nano tank with a capacity of 10 gallons or more is suitable for keeping Raccoon Tiger Shrimp.
- Substrate: Use fine-grained substrate like sand or smooth gravel to create a natural environment and prevent injury to the shrimp.
- Hiding Places: Provide ample hiding places using driftwood, rocks, or live plants. Shrimp enjoy exploring and hiding in these structures.
- Plants: Include live plants such as Java Moss, Java Fern, or Marimo Moss Balls, which provide grazing surfaces and help maintain water quality.
- Peaceful Inhabitants: Raccoon Tiger Shrimp are peaceful and can be kept with other peaceful fish species and dwarf shrimp that share similar water parameter requirements.
- Avoid Aggressive or Fin-Nipping Fish: Avoid keeping them with aggressive or fin-nipping fish that may harm or stress the shrimp.
- Omnivorous Diet: Raccoon Tiger Shrimp are omnivores and have a diverse diet.
- Algae and Biofilm: They will graze on algae and biofilm that naturally grow in the aquarium.
- Supplemental Feeding: Offer a balanced diet by providing high-quality shrimp pellets, blanched vegetables like spinach or zucchini, and occasional treats like small live or frozen foods such as daphnia or brine shrimp.
- Water Parameters: Regularly monitor and maintain stable water parameters suitable for Raccoon Tiger Shrimp to ensure their well-being.
- Partial Water Changes: Perform regular partial water changes of around 20% every 1-2 weeks to maintain water quality and stability.
- Tank Maintenance: Clean the tank regularly, removing any uneaten food, debris, or excess algae to maintain water quality.
- Monitoring Health: Observe the Raccoon Tiger Shrimp for any signs of disease, stress, or abnormal behavior. The Raccoon Tiger Shrimp adds a touch of elegance and diversity to your aquarium, with their unique coloration and peaceful nature. They are not only fascinating to observe but also contribute to the overall cleanliness and balance of the aquatic environment.