Unless otherwise stated, image is representative of species and not of actual product
7cm - 8.5cm
6.4 - 7.2
The L333 King Tiger Pleco (Hypancistrus sp.) is a member of the Loricariidae family of South American suckermouth catfishes. Its entire body is covered in black and white or yellow “maze-like” stripes, making it a very striking fish for the planted or nano aquarium. Like many plecos, the King Tiger Pleco has generally been a wild-caught species, but we are proud to be among the first stores to offer tank-raised juveniles at a much lower cost than wild-caught specimens!
A generally peaceful and hardy species, the King Tiger Pleco is an excellent, undemanding candidate for most aquariums. Unlike the widely-seen Common Pleco (Hypostomus plecostomus) and Trinidad Pleco (Hypostomus punctatus), which easily reach a monstrous size of 18 to 20+ inches (45 to 51+ cm), the King Tiger Pleco grows to a size of only 5.5 to 6.3 inches (8.9 to 10.7 cm). This smaller size makes for a much more manageable (and less messy) pleco that can thrive permanently in a well-maintained aquarium as small as 40 gallons. Male plecos may be somewhat territorial with other males of their species, but disputes can usually be diffused by providing ample territory and hiding places for each fish.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 79° - 86° F (26° - 30° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5 (flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided)
- KH: 6 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 40 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous, so a varied diet is necessary.
- Social behavior: Generally solitary, but will socialize somewhat, especially during breeding.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to South America.
- Average adult size: 5 - 6 inches (13 - 15 cm)
Pleco L333 (White King Tiger)
Delivery takes 3 to 7 working days. Delivery fees will be shown upon checkout.