- Complete food with the right protein/fat ratio 3:1 in accordance with the NEO index which takes temperature, function, animal size and age into account.
- With salmon, shrimp, octopus, spirulina and gammarus for a natural diet for sterlets (at 10-25 °C water temperature).
- Food size S (3 mm) for fish from 10-30 cm.
- Sinking pearls with 40 % protein, 12 % fat, 2 % crude fibre and 8 % crude ash.
- Small food pearls in resealable bag (air, water and lightproof) for the preservation of quality.
- Sturgeons are very special fish.
- Their body shape indicates their way of life: They swim near the ground and use their barbels (chemosensor organ) to feel for small invertebrates, which they would eat in the wild.
- JBL ProPond Sterlet has been adapted to suit these eating habits, both in its composition (increased share of invertebrates) and in its sinking behaviour.
- Even if sturgeons can learn to feed at the water surface, this feeding behaviour doesn’t represent their natural behaviour and harbours the risk of excessive air swallowing.
- Sturgeons should always be fed with their own food because it has a dedicated composition and the sturgeons could hurt the koi’s mucous membrane with their bone plates when fighting for their food.
- In practice you can feed your goldfish and koi on the surface at a corner of the pond and your sturgeons with sinking sturgeon food at the other corner.