- For aquarium biotopes: to achieve ideal water values for aquarium dwellers from the Malawi and Tanganyika Lakes.
- Water values as in the African Rift Valley lakes: adding it increases the carbonate hardness more than the general hardness.
- Healthy water, healthy fish: promotes well-being, health and spawning readiness of the cichlids.
- Increases the hatching rate of juvenile fish. Optimal growth. Brilliant colours.
- Optimal dosing thanks to measuring spoon. 250 g mineral salt for 800 l Lake Malawi water or 300 l Lake Tanganyika water.
- Contents: 1 tin Malawi-Tanganjika, 250 g.
- To use: 1 measuring spoon (18.75 g)/100 l water results in an increase of about 3.2 ° dKH.
Nature at Home – Home for Fish and Plants:
- Fish and invertebrates need to feel as much at home in the aquarium as in the wild.
- Transform your aquarium water into biotope-like water to protect your aquarium dwellers.
- Like many tropical waters the waters of Lake Tanganyika and Lake Malawi have a special feature: Their carbonate hardness is higher than the general hardness.
- That’s because soda sources supply the lakes with a lot of carbonates, which are bound to sodium and not to calcium or magnesium. As only calcium and magnesium are part of the general hardness, these sodium bicarbonates increase the carbonate hardness, but not the general hardness.
- Therefore, the KH in both lakes (and many other tropical waters) is above the GH.
- For species-appropriate keeping and breeding of the lakes’ animals it is advisable to reproduce these special water parameters.
- This can be achieved by adding JBL Aquadur Malawi-Tanganjika.
Advantages of the JBL water conditioners:
- Addition of essential mineral salts, quick raising of the species-appropriate carbonate hardness, stabilisation of the pH level, promotion of well-being, health and spawning readiness of the cichlids, increase of the hatching rate of juvenile fish, promotion of growth and brilliant colours, ideal water values as found in the wild.
May I add AquaDur directly to the water?
> It is advisable to dissolve AquaDur in the complete changing water in advance and then to dose it directly into the current. Dissolving it in a small amount of water will have only limited success. You always need to dissolve at least 5 – 10 l of water before adding it to the aquarium. Repeat a number of times, if necessary. This way the product will be completely dissolved and no unwanted remains will end up at the bottom.
In addition you avert the danger of fish swimming towards the “cloud” suffering acid burns. When dosing it directly a cloud of strongly changed pH and KH values occur. And since fish are curious, they tend to swim into the cloud.
Do JBL Aquadur und JBL Aquadur Malawi/Tanganjika contain common salt (sodium chloride, NaCl) ? Are the products safe for an application in freshwater ?
> No JBL Aquadur und JBL Aquadur Malawi/Tanganjika don’t contain common salt. Although sodium and chloride are mentioned on the indication of the distribution of the ion spectrum, these ions are traced back to other salts.
Both products are perfectly safe for use in water. Even for fish from very soft waters these products are ideal to adjust the desired water values.