3cm - 8cm
The Dumbo Halfmoon Plakat Betta, commonly known as the Dumbo HMPK Betta, is a unique and enchanting variation of the Betta fish (Betta splendens). Named for its large, rounded pectoral fins that resemble elephant ears, the Dumbo HMPK Betta is a favorite among Betta enthusiasts and hobbyists due to its distinctive and adorable appearance.
- Large Pectoral Fins: The most striking feature of the Dumbo HMPK Betta is its large, pectoral fins that extend outwards, resembling the ears of an elephant.
- Halfmoon Plakat Tail: The Betta's tail is of the Halfmoon Plakat variety, characterized by its broad and rounded shape when fully extended.
- Temperature: Maintain a stable water temperature between 78°F and 82°F (25°C to 28°C) for the well-being of Dumbo HMPK Bettas.
- pH Level: Aim for a slightly acidic to neutral pH level between 6.5 and 7.5 to replicate their optimal living conditions.
- Water Hardness: Provide moderately soft to moderately hard water with a hardness level between 5 and 15 dGH.
- Tank Size: A tank of at least 5 gallons (19 liters) is recommended for a single Dumbo HMPK Betta, providing enough space to swim and explore.
- Filtration: Proper filtration and regular water changes are essential to maintain excellent water quality.
- Carnivorous Diet: Dumbo HMPK Bettas are carnivores and require a protein-rich diet.
- High-Quality Pellets and Flakes: Offer high-quality Betta pellets or flakes as their primary diet.
- Supplementary Foods: Supplement their diet with occasional treats of live or frozen foods such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, or daphnia to provide added variety and nutrition.
- Solitary Nature: Betta fish are generally territorial and prefer to be kept alone, especially male Bettas.
- Aggression: Male Bettas can display aggression towards other male Bettas, especially in the presence of perceived rivals.
- Tank Mates: To prevent aggression, it's best to keep male Bettas alone or consider peaceful tank mates like small, non-nippy community fish or snails in a Betta community tank.