2cm - 4cm
"Discover the charm of Corydoras sp. CW062! Enhance your aquarium with this captivating catfish. Learn about its care and compatibility."
Introducing Corydoras sp. CW062, a captivating catfish that brings character and charm to any aquarium. Also known as CW062 Corydoras or simply CW062, this species is highly sought after by aquarists for its unique appearance and peaceful nature. With its endearing features and social behavior, Corydoras sp. CW062 adds a touch of liveliness and elegance to aquatic environments. Explore the care requirements, tank compatibility, and other key details to create an optimal habitat for this fascinating catfish.
- Distinctive Coloration: Corydoras sp. CW062 exhibits a striking combination of colors, typically featuring a base coloration of light brown or beige with contrasting dark spots or blotches.
- Body Shape: This catfish has a typical Corydoras body shape, with a flattened belly and a downward-facing mouth that allows it to sift through substrate in search of food.
- Size: On average, CW062 Corydoras reaches a size of about 2.5 to 3 inches (6 to 7.5 cm) when fully grown.
- Temperature: Maintain the water temperature between 72°F and 78°F (22°C - 26°C) to ensure the comfort and well-being of Corydoras sp. CW062.
- pH Level: Aim for a slightly acidic to neutral pH level ranging from 6.5 to 7.5.
- Water Hardness: These catfish prefer water with moderate hardness, ranging from 2 to 12 dGH.
- Filtration and Oxygenation: Provide efficient filtration to maintain excellent water quality and ensure proper oxygenation, as Corydoras sp. CW062 benefits from well-oxygenated environments.
- Peaceful Community Fish: Corydoras sp. CW062 is peaceful and sociable, making it an excellent addition to community aquariums with other non-aggressive fish species.
- Schooling Nature: They thrive in groups, so it is recommended to keep them in a small school of at least six individuals for optimal social behavior.
- Compatible Tank Mates: Consider companions such as other Corydoras species, small Tetras, Rasboras, peaceful Dwarf Cichlids, or non-predatory Catfish species.
- Avoid Aggressive or Fin-nipping Fish: Keep them away from aggressive or fin-nipping species that may cause stress or harm.
- Omnivorous Diet: Corydoras sp. CW062 is an omnivore, consuming a combination of small live or frozen foods, high-quality sinking pellets, and vegetable matter.
- Sinking Pellets: Provide sinking pellets specifically formulated for bottom-dwelling catfish to ensure their nutritional needs are met.
- Supplement with Live or Frozen Foods: Offer occasional feedings of live or frozen foods like bloodworms, brine shrimp, or daphnia to provide variety and enhance their diet.
- Vegetable Matter: Include blanched vegetables such as zucchini or spinach to satisfy their herbivorous tendencies.
- Tank Size: A minimum tank size of 20 gallons (75 liters) is recommended for keeping a small group of Corydoras sp. CW062.
- Substrate and Hiding Places: Utilize fine sand or smooth gravel as the substrate to prevent damage to their delicate barbels. Provide plenty of hiding spots like caves, driftwood, and plants to create a secure environment.
- Water Maintenance: Perform regular partial water changes of 25% every two weeks to maintain optimal water quality and stability.
- Observing Behavior: Pay attention to their behavior and ensure compatibility with tank mates, as well as monitoring any signs of stress or illness.
With its unique appearance and peaceful nature, Corydoras sp. CW062 is a captivating addition to any aquarium. Their playful and sociable behavior, coupled with their eye-catching coloration, will surely become a highlight in your aquatic display. By understanding their care requirements and providing a suitable environment, you can enjoy the delightful presence of Corydoras sp. CW062 as it gracefully navigates the substrate of your aquarium.