5cm - 10cm
6.5 - 7.5
The Lohachata Botia Loach is sometimes referred to as a scaleless fish they do in fact have small scales that are embedded in their skin. The Lohachata Botia Loach is an active scavenger that is a semi-aggressive fish that enjoys the company of its own species, or other semi-aggressive fish. It will school with others of the same age and size. The Lohachata Botia Loach appreciates caves, holes, and other places to hide, especially when it sleeps. Because it originates from streams, it requires water currents in the aquarium.
The breeding habits of this species are not known, and successful captive breeding has yet to be recorded.
Botia lohachata requires small amounts of food several times a day. Younger Lohachata Botia Loaches will eat most prepared foods while older ones may be more finicky.
Buy Botia lohachata 5cm x 5pc for your aquarium. These YoYo loaches add charm and character to your tank. Shop now for vibrant fish!
Introducing the Botia lohachata 5cm x 5pc for your aquarium! These lively and captivating YoYo loaches are a perfect addition to any fish tank. With their unique patterns and playful behavior, they will bring a burst of life to your aquatic environment. Read on to discover more about these fascinating fish and learn how to provide them with the best care possible.
- Temperature: YoYo loaches prefer a temperature range of 75°F to 86°F (24°C to 30°C).
- pH Level: Maintain a slightly acidic to neutral pH level between 6.0 and 7.5.
- Water Hardness: They thrive in moderately hard to slightly soft water with a hardness of 5 to 12 dGH.
- Filtration: Ensure efficient filtration to maintain water quality and provide adequate oxygenation.
- Omnivorous Diet: YoYo loaches are omnivores and have a varied diet. Offer them a mix of high-quality flakes, pellets, and live or frozen foods such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, and daphnia.
- Vegetation: They also enjoy nibbling on algae and vegetable matter, so incorporating some blanched vegetables like zucchini or cucumber into their diet is beneficial.
- Hiding Places: Provide plenty of hiding places in the aquarium with caves, driftwood, or plants, as YoYo loaches appreciate having secure retreats.
- Substrate: Use sand or rounded gravel as the substrate to prevent any damage to their delicate barbels.
- Tank Size: A minimum tank size of 20 gallons is recommended for a small group of YoYo loaches. Consider larger tanks for more individuals.
- Water Changes: Perform regular partial water changes of about 20% every 1-2 weeks to maintain water quality and keep the environment clean.
- Behavior: These loaches are known for their playful nature and are often seen darting around and exploring their surroundings. Creating a well-decorated tank with plenty of swimming space will encourage their natural behaviors.