7cm - 8cm
Product Description: "Enhance your aquarium with the mesmerizing beauty of Blue Pulchra. These stunning freshwater shrimp are a captivating addition to any tank. Discover the allure of their vibrant blue coloration and graceful movements. Shop now for the perfect centerpiece for your aquatic oasis."
Introducing Blue Pulchra - The Jewel of Your Aquarium
The Blue Pulchra, also known as the Blue Velvet Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), is a remarkable freshwater shrimp species renowned for its captivating blue coloration and graceful presence. With their vibrant hues and elegant movements, these shrimp are sure to be the jewel of your aquarium. Let's delve into the details of their care requirements, tank mates, feeding habits, and water conditions to ensure a thriving environment for these fascinating creatures.
Water Conditions for Blue Pulchra:
- Temperature: Maintain a temperature range of 72-78°F (22-26°C) for optimal comfort and health.
- pH Level: Maintain a slightly acidic to neutral pH range of 6.5-7.5.
- Water Hardness: Blue Pulchra thrive in moderate to slightly hard water with a hardness of 6-12 dGH.
- Filtration and Circulation: Ensure efficient filtration and gentle water flow to maintain water quality and oxygenation.
- Ammonia and Nitrite Levels: Keep ammonia and nitrite levels at zero to prevent stress and maintain optimal health.
Tank Mates for Blue Pulchra:
- Peaceful Community Fish: Blue Pulchra are generally peaceful and can be kept with small, non-aggressive fish such as Tetras, Rasboras, and Corydoras.
- Avoid Predatory Fish: Keep them away from aggressive or predatory species that may view the shrimp as food, such as large Cichlids or certain Barbs.
- Compatibility with Other Shrimp: Blue Pulchra can be housed with other Neocaridina shrimp species, but be cautious to prevent hybridization.
- Adequate Hiding Places: Provide ample hiding spots like live plants, driftwood, and rocks to offer shelter for the shrimp and encourage natural behavior.
Feeding Habits of Blue Pulchra:
- Omnivorous Diet: Blue Pulchra have an omnivorous feeding habit, which means they consume both plant matter and small organisms.
- High-Quality Shrimp Food: Offer a balanced diet of high-quality shrimp-specific food, such as pellets or flakes formulated for shrimp.
- Supplemental Feeding: Provide occasional treats like blanched vegetables (such as spinach or zucchini), algae wafers, and small live or frozen foods like daphnia or brine shrimp to enhance their diet.
- Don't Overfeed: Avoid overfeeding as it can lead to poor water quality. Feed them small amounts that can be consumed within a few minutes.
Care Tips for Blue Pulchra:
- Water Parameters: Regularly monitor and maintain stable water parameters to ensure the well-being of your Blue Pulchra.
- Acclimation: Take care to acclimate the shrimp properly to their new environment to minimize stress and facilitate a smooth transition.
- Adequate Space: Provide ample space for the shrimp to explore and swim. A tank size of at least 5 gallons (19 liters) is recommended for a small group.
- Regular Maintenance: Perform routine water changes and clean the aquarium to maintain optimal water quality and prevent the accumulation of waste.
- Avoid Medications: Some medications and chemicals can be harmful to invertebrates, so exercise caution when treating the tank.
Experience the Beauty of Blue Pulchra:
Immerse yourself in the enchanting world of the Blue Pulchra. With their vibrant blue coloration and graceful demeanor, these captivating shrimp will add a touch of elegance to your tank.