5cm - 5cm
Introducing the Black Arrowana, the majestic centerpiece your aquarium needs! With its stunning black coloration and graceful movements, this fish will captivate your senses. Elevate your aquatic display with the beauty and elegance of the Black Arrowana.
The Black Arrowana (Scientific name: Osteoglossum ferreirai) is a remarkable freshwater fish renowned for its striking appearance and powerful presence. With its sleek black body, intricate scale patterns, and long, flowing fins, this fish exudes elegance and beauty. But its allure extends far beyond its looks. The Black Arrowana possesses a range of remarkable features and requirements that make it an excellent choice for aquarium enthusiasts.
- Temperature: The ideal water temperature range for the Black Arrowana is between 75°F and 82°F (24°C and 28°C).
- pH Level: These fish thrive in slightly acidic to neutral water conditions, with a pH range of 6.5 to 7.5.
- Hardness: The water hardness should be maintained between 5 and 15 dGH.
- Spacious Aquarium: Provide a spacious aquarium with a minimum capacity of 100 gallons (379 liters) to accommodate the Black Arrowana's size and swimming needs.
- Dense Vegetation: Include live plants like Amazon swords, Java ferns, or Anubias to create hiding spots and replicate their natural habitat.
- Open Swimming Space: Ensure the tank has ample open space for the Black Arrowana to swim and showcase its graceful movements.
- Large Peaceful Fish: Black Arrowanas are generally compatible with large, peaceful tank mates such as silver dollars, peaceful cichlids, or large tetras. Avoid keeping them with aggressive or fin-nipping species.
- Solo or Pairs: These fish can be kept individually or in pairs. Avoid overcrowding the tank to prevent territorial disputes.
- Carnivorous Diet: Black Arrowanas are carnivores and require a protein-rich diet. Offer them a variety of meaty foods such as live or frozen fish, shrimp, insects, and high-quality pellet or flake food formulated for carnivorous fish.
- Feeding Frequency: Feed adult Black Arrowanas once or twice a day, providing an amount they can consume within 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust the feeding frequency for younger or growing individuals.
- Water Quality: Regular water changes and diligent filtration are crucial to maintain excellent water quality. These fish are sensitive to poor water conditions, so test the water regularly and address any issues promptly.
- Tank Security: Ensure the tank has a tight-fitting lid or cover to prevent jump-outs as Black Arrowanas are known to be strong jumpers.
- Behavioral Stimulation: Provide environmental enrichment such as hiding spots, driftwood, and rocks to create a stimulating environment that encourages natural behaviors.
- Handling with Care: When handling the Black Arrowana, take extreme caution due to their delicate fins and potential for stress. Use a net or fish-friendly container for transport.
The Black Arrowana is not only a visually stunning fish but also a captivating addition to any aquarium. Its majestic presence and unique characteristics make it a prized choice for experienced hobbyists seeking an extraordinary aquatic showcase. Bring the allure and grandeur of the Black Arrowana to your aquarium today and enjoy the mesmerizing beauty it brings to your underwater realm.