1.5cm - 1.5cm
6.4 - 7
- Striking Coloration: The Rummy Nose Tetra features a vibrant red nose and a contrasting black and white body. When comfortable and in optimal conditions, the red coloration extends into a distinctive bright red band, creating a captivating and eye-catching display.
- Temperature: Maintain the water temperature between 23°C and 27°C (73°F-81°F) to provide ideal conditions for the Rummy Nose Tetra.
- pH Level: Aim for a slightly acidic to neutral pH range of 6.0 to 7.5 to replicate their natural habitat.
- Water Hardness: These tetras prefer soft to moderately hard water, with a general range of 2 to 12 dH.
- Filtration: Ensure efficient filtration and regular water changes to maintain excellent water quality for the Rummy Nose Tetra.
- Tank Size: Provide a spacious aquarium with a minimum capacity of 10 gallons to accommodate a small school of Rummy Nose Tetras comfortably.
- Plants and Decorations: Incorporate dense planting, including floating plants, to provide ample hiding spots and create a natural environment. Use dark substrates and add driftwood or rocks to mimic their natural habitat.
- Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters and avoid drastic fluctuations to keep the Rummy Nose Tetra healthy and stress-free.
- Peaceful Community Fish: The Rummy Nose Tetra is a peaceful species that can be kept with other small, non-aggressive fish species that share similar water parameter requirements.
- Schooling Behavior: These tetras exhibit strong schooling behavior, so it is recommended to keep them in groups of at least five individuals. The presence of a school will help them feel secure and encourage natural behavior.
- Omnivorous Diet: The Rummy Nose Tetra is an omnivore and will readily accept a variety of foods. Offer them a balanced diet consisting of high-quality dry flakes or pellets supplemented with small live or frozen foods such as brine shrimp or daphnia. Provide multiple feedings throughout the day to ensure their nutritional needs are met.
- Regular Feeding: Feed the Rummy Nose Tetra small portions multiple times a day to ensure they receive adequate nutrition and maintain good health.
- Water Parameters: Regularly monitor and maintain stable water parameters suitable for the Rummy Nose Tetra to promote their well-being.
- Partial Water Changes: Perform regular partial water changes of around 25% every 1-2 weeks to maintain water quality and stability.
- Tank Maintenance: Clean the tank regularly, removing any uneaten food, debris, or excess waste to maintain water quality.
- Monitoring Health: Observe the Rummy Nose Tetra for any signs of disease, stress, or abnormal behavior.
The Rummy Nose Tetra is a captivating addition to any freshwater aquarium, showcasing its vibrant colors and schooling behavior. Enjoy the beauty and elegance of these fish as they gracefully navigate through their aquatic habitat, creating a visually stunning display for all to admire.